Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Rest in peace nana.

Ellen Going 25.09.1913 - 07/07/2011

I spoke at my great grandmothers funeral and heres the poem i wrote for her.

Today i saw that beautiful smile
One with wisdom and love,
Its showed strength and courage and pride
But mostly it showed your tough.

You held my hand and we laughed around
Your eyes said it all without one sound
You were curious to see what id grown into
Hopefully someone your proud of, to call a part of you.

Today i heard the news that my nana had passed on
But the memory and spirit of her will never be gone.
That smile will stay etched in our heart and mind,
And i know shes proud of this whanau shes left behind.

Nana if theres one thing that i could ask of you,
Look after us down here and make sure my papas watching too.
We'll rejoice in the fact that your spirit will live on,
We will meet again even if it isnt until far and long.

So today i see that beautiful smile one more time,
She'll wave us goodbye before she starts her journey of a climb.
The climb to heaven to join other loved ones there,
While we celebrate her life and know that memories we will always share.

I love you nan xx

No comments:

Post a Comment