Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hopscotch, School bells & Waterbombs

My closest friends that know all about my lovely child hood will laugh at this knowing im making it public to whoever reads, but after stumbling across some old photos i cant help but to take a walk back down memory lane.

Childhood. Ahhh yes. For most, its a time to cherish. To remember the memories of making your first group of friends at primary school, doing your first school production, wearing matching things with your best friend. Yeah i have all those memories. I made a cool group of mates, i was the star in my school productions (of course!) and i wore the same thing as my best friend every day by organizing it on the phone prior to school. But did you guys eat big macs at the age of seven? Did you get water bombs thrown at you on your last day of school and the only come back you had was "mmm refreshing."? Did all your mates ditch you because you cut ALL your hair off to look like a girl at school, only for it to end up looking like a boys hair cut? Mhmm welcome to my childhood, aged 7-11.

Okay so i may be over reacting and making it sound worse than it actually was. My first boyfriend was called Matthew Young and i was in love.. Pity he didn't like me back and the only way i could get his attention was by stealing his glasses. Yes, he was a nerd. So after a my first nasty break up in year three i moved on to better things in year four. I had now secured myself an awesome group of mates and we climbed trees at interval and played marbles. Little did i know i was about to loose my marbles. I met a boy, Kerry Hebden (Praying to the lord above that no one i name ever reads this), and he was luuuuusssccccious! Top athlete in year four, hair-do like Jhonny bravo the cartoon and the cutest face i had ever seen. But then, Kodi Newson came along and he was just to good to pass up! Up to that point im pretty confident i was the coolest chick at Pukekohe Hill Primary, then i had to go and ruin it all by making a pros and cons list of each boy. I cant even remember who i settled on all i know is one went crying off to the toilet and the other just completely ignored me even though i had bloody chosen him! Point to my story? Everyone thought i was a horrible cow and ignored me.

This some how led me to start eating big macs at my cousins birthday parties at Mc Donald's, and get water bombs thrown at me on the last day. For a short while i was playing "elastics" by myself using chairs but i could only go up to a certain level before the chairs weren't tall enough.

After a couple of months and a very lonely friendless summer i was more than stoked to be starting at Strathallan college and now, thanks to Georgia Bramble, have a very entertaining group of friends out east ways. I just hope they dont start throwing water bombs at me, but the big macs... well they know ill never part with that.

Photo is of me at one of my best moments when i was a lot younger. Dont even know how i had friends looking like that.


Oh but such beauty now!



Yes Howick losers, This blog spot was dedicated to you all. Wouldn't change anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment