Monday, September 10, 2012

Making a difference


Hey everyone,

It’s been a while since I wrote a good blog I know. I’ve been letting life experiences come at me so I have something entertaining to amuse you all with but now I find myself sitting here trying to think of something interesting going on and apart from dating arseholes, dealing with assignments and dancing, dancing, dancing life is really the same. Unfortunately with tonight what im going to talk about isn’t very funny but I hope im helping in some small way.

My grandfather has just been diagnosed with cancer. It has a big fancy word for it but to me that doesn’t really matter because as soon as we all heard the ‘C’ word we knew it wouldn’t be good. He starts chemotherapy soon in hopes that it will slow it down but we have been told he has less than a year left to spend with us.

I love how positive he’s being. Going through something like this must be the scariest thing in the world but he very rarely shows his concern, in fact, apart from being a little more tired than usual I can hardly tell that he’s sick which is why it’s so frustrating. It really is the silent killer.

My other grandfather passed away from cancer when I was 12 years old so I have seen this happen before although this time it’s a little harder knowing exactly what’s going on. Anyway, the reason for this blog is I want to do something to help. Im sick of just sitting on my arse thinking about my tiny problems when there are so many people suffering from this horrible Illness. I want to organise an event for the beginning of December to raise money to give to the cancer society of New Zealand.

This event is going to be a show seeing as that’s what I know best but I need your help. Im looking for everything from a cheap venue to people that want to do stand-up comedy to food and drinks for the evening. All the profit from this event is going to go to the cancer society and I hope to make just a little bit of a difference to help people like my grandfather get the best possible help. If you are interested in helping with it by showing an act (singing, dancing, comedy) or helping with anything to do with it then please comment under the link iv posted to Facebook or email me.

I know this isn’t going to save my Popa but I’d still like to help out where I can and this event is definitely possible. I have filled out a proposal form and sent it off to them so the planning starts now! Even if you just come and attend the evening by purchasing a ticket you would be helping.

Im sorry that this blog has been a little more serious but it’s a good way of getting the idea out there.

Thanks guys, Get in touch. 


No comments:

Post a Comment