Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Im sorry officer it wont happen again...

When it comes to being pulled over by a cop, iv tried it all...
Due to my ride being so gangster and attracting so much attention naturally i get pulled over on a frequent basis. It doesnt help that a big boobed chick is driving it. You'd seriously be suprised at how often i get asked if its stolen or my boyfriends. "Ahh no officer its not stolen, yes im maori but im the nice kind." and "I dont have a boyfriend but your kinda cute."

Over the last year my ahh fines have gotten a bit up there. You name any minor fine you can get with a car and i probably have it. Speeding camera x 5, No rego x 3, Parking ticket x3, Caught speeding by an officer x2, no seatbelt x1, no brake lights x2, driving in a bus lane x1. No im not a shit driver, im just not a very sneaky one.

This one time i got pulled over by a police officer when i was following my friend to go sell his car up north. He had sped off and i was attempting to keep up with him by going a small 10km over the limit. Well, you know how it goes. I saw the blue and red lights in my mirror and my heart sped up and car slowed down and pulled off onto the gravel. To make it a little worse i pulled onto the gravel a little to fast and it did a cute little skid. Officer didnt like it i dont think. As i sat in the car waiting for him i realised i had no rego! I dug into my handbag grabbed my lippy, foundation and hair brush and applied and combed everything into place. Yes i was doing what id seen in the movies. Attempting to get out of a ticket by flirting. It went a little something like this.

Cop: Do you know how fast you were going?
Bex: About eighty five i think sir? My speedo is sometimes out. (Flutters eyes)
Cop: You were going 91km. Thats 11km over the speed limit miss. Licence please?
Bex: (Time for the sympathy vote) Oh wow, i never speed. My boyfriend said he would fix the speedo but then he dumped me (Lets out little whimper)
Cop: Miss, your licence?
Bex: (Mumbling) Shit balls, piece of crap, son of a...
Cop: (Walks around car once) Did you know your rego is out to?
Bex: Oh no! My ex partner always took care of that, im so sorry officer ill get onto it straight away..

Well the cop starts writing out the ticket and i decide to try my luck out.

Bex: Have you been busy today sir? How long have you been a police officer for? I didnt know police men were getting so good looking. You dont look a day over twenty five. So young but doing so good for our country.

The corniness continued and with every line coming out of my mouth the redder in the face i became. I couldnt believe i was speaking such bullshit to try to get out of a 300 dollar fine. He smiled a little and made polite conversation back but i could tell he had seen it all before. My fines are now paid off... almost, and hopefully i will never have more than two fines at one time again because its not easy on the pocket at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment