Saturday, February 25, 2012

Picture perfect

My last blog "media distortion" got close to two hundred views, most of the traffic coming from the URL www.Facebook.com. So thank you all my Facebook friends who took the time to read something that was rather important to me. Hopefully this blog is a good read to.

How many of you have said or thought at one point, I wish my life were like a movie. I know i have. Lately iv been ahh i guess you could call it, taking it easy. Im waiting for uni to start and apart from going to dancing to teach a few afternoons/evenings a week and doing dance prep I havent really had alot going on. This has made me take full advantage of the shit weather and sit inside a lot watching hopeless soap operas or reality tv series. They include: The entire first and second season of gossip girl (watching them again), Jersey shore, Geordie shore, Shortland street (I know) and Australia: X factor. And Oh Em Gee, because of these bloody programmes I have some seriously loopy thoughts and outlooks on the way my life should be.

Ill start with the one that girls fuss over the most. Romance. Its because of movies like dear john or ten things i hate about you that we have such high expectations with guys. They give love letters, they take you on cute dates and have amazing first kisses in the rain or during paint balling. Unless you have yourself a real charmer most of the time with our age group first kisses are in the middle of the pub dance floor or in the car after hes taken you to cheap Tuesday movies. I think we need to cut guys a little slack cause lets face it, our love lives aren't like that. Maybe if we were around in the 1920s when the words "bang" "smash" and "root" weren't used in sexual terms and guys asked you out on a date. Its called cheesy romance and its great and everything on the movie's but in my own personal opinion its the nice little things like a kiss on the forehead lying in bed thats really amazing. Its not always a happy ending. One word. Reality.

The crazy little bubble that im living in at the moment seems to be that i think every night should be party night. I know I know waaaayyy to much geordie and jersey shore but holey shit they have the time of their lives! I seriously think i could make it big on one of those programmes. I was watching it in bed the other night and didnt even realise that i was bopping up and down when they walked into a club with a cool song. Had to stop myself! Also when i confided in my best friend telling her that i feel like i know them personally and she thought i was nuts i knew id taken it too far. God i sound crazy. Sorry bex but partying cant be done every night in the real life. Theres this thing called money and weekdays and studying.

I think part of the reason girls bitch and argue is because they secretly thrive off it. Nothing better than a little bit of gossip. I even know guys that constantly want "the latest" on everyone. This is all very well until its about you. Gossip girl is a perfect example for people thriving off drama. We watch it (or programmes similar) we love seeing the drama, we love seeing them make up and then we automatically programme our minds to think that thats what should take place in real life with all of us. Just because we see the happy ending on t.v doesnt mean its gunna work out like that for us. We dont have a script to follow like them. There's drama and then there's just plain bullshit drama and most of the time its bullshit drama cause people are bored.

To the guys who are reading and watch these kind of shows purely cause the girls are banging. Sorry that we dont look like that every second of the day. Unfortunately it cost way to much money to have a personal stylist follow us around. But we try :)

Money? Pfft thats no problem!... In movies and T.V series. For us life is about working for money all the time and then dying with none. Unfortunately we arent all from the "upper east side" and cant just go and buy the new couture dress.

Even the X factor made me wanna go and be a rockstar. But thats just a bit of a giggle topic and entirely different matter. Youll see one day when your buying my album on itunes or downloading it illegally. Its on my bucket list and I plan to tick it off.

Thanks for tuning in on the latest you thriving boys and girls.

Xoxo Gossip Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment