Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hairy legs, cuddles and fire!

Winter. A bit of a bitch really.

But like every season I reckon it has its perks as well. Me and my grandmother were talking about which we prefer the other day: Winter or Summer. I actually surprised myself by replying with winter. I dunno if its because I was born in July and that's the heart of winter but i do tend to love it. No the walking up queen street while its pissing down part isn't fun at all, nor is straightening your hair and the moisture in the air curling it up again within five minutes. But, the fashion is amazing. Long gorgeous coats, boots and merino. The cuddles never get to sweaty and gross because its so flipping cold. The soup with home made bread is awesome. And the fire going at night and lights being on during the day because its dark outside is awesome. I love the feeling of being tucked up in bed listening to the rain and knowing your safe and warm inside. Home made cocoa is another plus in winter and when the mink blankets come out.

On the more disgusting outlook of it girls don't have to shave their legs nearly as much as summer because leggings, jeans and stockings are whipped out, hair is fixed by chucking on a beanie and blusher doesn't run out cause we just go with the natural red cheeks from the wind. Although the power bill is never a nice thought its worth it when you wake up and your room is toasty warm from your heater. And just a fun fact for the day, guys are more known to get into relationships in NZ during winter cause its not close to new years where they need to go be single with the boys and they love a good cuddle on a rainy night.

Dont ask me where my sudden thought to write about winter came from, I was just staring out the window looking at trees go mental in the wind and thought I wonder how many people hate winter while I love it. Happy snuggling everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment